What can you expect during your initial consultation?
If you are considering hair restoration in Houston, Texas, an appointment can be made with Dr. Andry or Dr. Wijay. You can expect the initial consultation to last an hour or more. In your consultation, your surgeon will:
- Listen to your specific complaints and goals
- Perform a thorough examination, focusing on your individual anatomy
- Discuss recommendations regarding surgical or nonsurgical techniques that may help you achieve your goals
- If surgery is the right option for you, your surgeon will discuss details of the surgical procedures that are offered and which approach is right for you
- If PRP is the right option for you, this treatment can be scheduled as a quick outpatient office procedure
- Preoperative photographs will be taken
- The risks and benefits of surgery or procedure will be thoroughly outlined for you
- You will be given ample opportunity to ask questions from both our physicians and staff regarding hair restoration and any other surgical or nonsurgical procedures you may be interested in
- You will be sent home with a packet of information regarding the procedure including a detailed consent form and instructions for before and after hair transplant surgery or PRP injection
What you can expect on the day of surgery?
Hair Transplant Surgery: On day of surgery, your surgeon will meet you in the preoperative area to go over any last minute questions or concerns you may have. He/she may make some preoperative markings and will perform extensive checks and attention to detail ensuring high quality care and safety. During the procedure, our surgeons pay meticulous attention to detail and work as a team to ensure a great result. Your family will be updated of your status periodically and will be able to talk with the physician one-on-one after the procedure is completed. You will be placed in a surgical dressing after the procedure and can go home after the procedure is complete.
PRP for Hair Restoration: On the day of your procedure, you will be greeted at The Oaks Plastic Surgery Clinic and will be brought back to the procedure room. Numbing cream can be placed to minimize any discomfort from the injections in the hairline. Your blood will be drawn and spun down to obtain the PRP, which will then be injected into the areas of hair loss.