While we ideally would love our patients to keep up their skin care and preventative treatments regularly, so many of our patients come to us last minute before a big event. Depending on how soon in advance you start to prep, we have various procedures that can help you look your best! Here are my Top 5!
- Botox, Dysport, or Jeuveau- This treatment goes a long way to smooth out wrinkles around your forehead, brows, and eyes helping you look nice and refreshed! Be aware that the results from botox, jeuveau, dysport and xeomin are not immediate. Most people take 3-4 days to start seeing results and 7-14 days until final results set in. Also, if it is your first time getting botox, you may want to allow a little extra time for some little tweaks as some people respond a little more on one side or the other that we can correct after things settle in.
- Microneedling with or without PRP – So many of our patients love this procedure as it helps even skin texture and coloring, decreases fine lines and wrinkles and just helps your skin feel smoother and look more vibrant. Depending on how aggressive we are with the treatment, most people have 1-7 days of redness after the procedure and we strongly recommend no makeup or working out within 24 hours of the treatment. We also recommend 1 week between botox or filler treatments in the area and microneedling.
- Chemical Peel – We have a variety of different chemical peels available that address a number of different skin issues. We have peels that address hyperpigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles, skin texture, acne, and ones that just give your skin a little extra glow. Depending on the peel, the downtime is usually between 1 day and 14 days.
- Fillers – For a slightly more dramatic change, many of our patients get fillers to enhance volume and help contour their face. The most common area we inject in our office is lips, but we also perform under eye, cheek, jawline, nasolabial fold, non-surgical rhinoplasty, and other areas. Results are immediate, but swelling is common. While there are techniques we use to minimize the chance of bruising or swelling, be prepared that sometimes, bruises do happen and may take 1-2 weeks to resolve. For lips especially, they can be swollen for up to 7-10 days; however, we’ve had patients walking the runway (literally) the night of their filler procedures!
- Facials (Especially Hydrafacial)- While we don’t offer these procedures in our office, we absolutely love the results, particularly with the hydrafacial machine. I, personally, as well as our patients love the glowing, clean, smooth skin we get immediately after this treatment and there is absolutely no downtime. Again, while we do not have this machine, we have spas we partner with that would take great care of you!
Preparing your skin for a big event should start several weeks before hand to look your best! So whether you are prepping for a gala or you and your bridesmaids need a little boost before the big day, let’s talk about the best treatments to get you ready for your special event!